A suicide car bomb explosion happened outside a restaurant near the port in Mogadishu of Somalia on Friday, emergency services Reuters reported.
At least 20 people were killed and 30 people were reported injured in the blast.
A state-owned media said as the plumes of smoke were sent into the sky and gunfire started erupting.
“So far we have carried 20 dead people and 30 injured from the blast scene,” Dr. Abdulkadir Aden, founder of AAMIN Ambulance services told Reuters.
The explosion is said to have occurred near Luul Yemeni restaurant near the port.
CNN reported that Al-Shabaab “terrorist group” has claimed responsibility for the attack.
This is the second attack on the same restaurant since august 2020, the latest blast came amid strong security measures in Mogadishu in the middle of a political crisis over delayed elections.
The police have cordoned the destroyed building and the area.
This comes after a month of an explosion near the presidential palace in Somalia, Somalis and African union forces drove Al-Shabab out of Mogadishu but the group still carries bomb and gun attacks in the coastal city.